Our client who is a leader in the service industry is looking for a Human Resource Assistant on a temporary to permanent basis to join their team
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: $ 19/hr. -$ 21/hr.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for:
- The role will focus on areas in supporting the high-volume full recruitment cycle, orientation and onboarding along with HR project work that would need assistance with.
- Actively participate in development; implementation; evaluation and maintenance of the organization's health and safety; training and development; return-to-work and attendance management programs
- Oversee and report on compliance to internal health and safety policies and applicable legislation, including compliance with legislated standards; training; evaluation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure internal documentation (i.e. Critical Incident Reports; Notable Events; etc.) are completed and actioned in a timely manner
- Prepare and submit WSIB forms and all other relevant claims documentation within established timelines
- Recommend and implement necessary process improvements according to established industry best practices
- Coordinate organization's early and safe return-to-work program ensuring all stakeholders are involved as appropriate and provided timely updates as applicable
- Liaise effectively and respectfully with employees at all levels of the agency and representatives from external agencies
- Support and facilitate the activities of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees
- Conduct/participate in investigations arising from accidents and incidents
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two (2) years direct experience in a Human Resources role with direct health and safety / WSIB claims,Occupational Health and Safety, Disability Management, experience
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Experience working in a unionized environment within the service sector is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software tools.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening, comprehension)
- Excellent customer Service Skills
Thank you for your application. Please kindly apply with resume in word format. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
$19.00 - $21.00 /hour