Finding the right career opportunity at the right company is hard work. You want to be sure it's the kind of place where you can thrive and be successful.
We've got you covered; we're VersaCold.
We are a "Your Food Matters" supply cold chain company where team members are focused on protecting our customers' brands by ensuring the safety, quality and freshness of the food families eat. We aim high and we work hard because the work we do makes a difference; not only for our customers, but for the communities in which we work and live.
And right now, we are currently looking for a passionate, high energy, and business-minded Human Resources Manager to join our winning team.
Employment Type: Full- Time
Office/Facility: Richmond or Delta, British Columbia
As member of our national Human Resources team, the Manager, Human Resources BC Region provides expert advice, consultation, coaching, and support on all HR matters to our warehouse and transportation teams across multiple facility locations, as well as our Finance team. In addition to providing day to day HR operational support, the Manager, Human Resources also plays a critical role in implementing people initiatives that help drive the achievement of business objectives and high employee engagement.
- Promote and support positive employee relations/labour relations and an environment of open communication and trust.
- Advises management on and ensures compliance with federal, provincial and local laws and regulations governing the employer/ employee relationship, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Coaches and advises the operational and corporate management teams on the execution of core human resource programs including: performance management, development planning, employee relations, compensation, engagement, benefits, disability management, talent acquisition, and onboarding, and more.
- Provide counselling to the front-line management team in the operational facilities.
- Manages activities for field employment-related complaints and audits, both internal and external. Develops recommendations to minimize risk and address identified needs. Conducts investigations as needed.
- Coaches all employees & management on and oversees compliance with all key activities related to performance management program, including performance improvement plans and/or employee relations issues.
- Provides advice and support to management on the progressive discipline process in all facilities.
- Facilitates Talent Review and Succession Planning process for client group.
- Contributes to the development and facilitation of Human Resources training programs for employees and management.
- Supports talent acquisition and onboarding activities.
- Understands key Human Resources metrics and supports the team in achieving targets.
- Continuously grows and develops operational knowledge and leadership capabilities by participating in professional development opportunities. Keeps informed of new and emerging trends in Human Resources.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, or other relevant field of study. CHRP/CHRL Designation an asset
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience, which includes experience in B2B environments ( supply chain/logistics; transportation and /or warehousing )
- Experience in unionized environments.
- Superior organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates high energy and “can do” approach.
- Results driven with strong business acumen
- Demonstrated conflict management skills including knowing when to escalate.
- Ability to partner with, influence, and successfully coach and counsel at all levels, up to the Senior Management level.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of human resource legal requirements, trends and practices.
VersaCold is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.