Thanks for checking out this fantastic new opportunity!
Whether you’re an experienced professional, or a recent graduate – ARES brings value to your job search. Through our company, you can access opportunities and connect with an amazing network of Canada’s top employers.
Dynamic and energetic HR Manager to support the company’s manufacturing locations in Manitoba. You will be responsible for oversight of Human Resource activity including employee relations, organizational development, compensation and benefits, policy development, selection and recruitment, and reward and recognition. As part of the Operations management team you provide guidance on all Human Resources matters ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation and best business practices. In addition, you will be responsible for payroll and the development of the HR operating budget and Occupational Health & Safety pertaining to ability/disability management.
- Understand local levers of employee engagement and partner with leaders to create a great workplace culture across operations facilities.
- Coordinate policy development, reviews, analysis and implementation, standardization across operations.
- Identify and create solutions to continuously improve the overall health of the organization across key dimensions such as morale, effectiveness, retention, absenteeism and productivity.
- Develop and execute local Human Resource programs such employee recognition, activities and recreational programs in a way supporting internal equity and organization's competitiveness.
- Analyze, recommend and implement benefit programs and serve as primary contact with service providers and implement and manage different compensation plans.
- Remain current with best practices, legislative changes and industry standards, advising managers on organizational matters such as discrimination, discipline, harassment, etc.
- Support hiring managers with the recruitment process and talent selection, partnering with the central talent acquisition team on recruitment and selection.
- Responsible for local, new hire orientation, embedding performance management and launching new HR programs.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Partner with operations leaders to identify critical roles, assess local talent and create succession plans.
- Proactively, plan and provide organizational development strategy, direction, advise and counsel the operations management team.
- Provide reports to operations management and decision support through HR metrics: benefit costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, compensation, promotions and employee productivity.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and best HR Practices
- 7+ years’ experience in HR or a combination of education and experience
- Experience working in manufacturing, CPG industry a must
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Proven project management skills required with demonstrated ability to manage human resources core processes such as performance and talent management, succession planning and employee relations
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills with sound leadership, staff management, and team building skills
- Able to make sound business decisions and data-based recommendations to senior management and demonstrated ability to have a positive impact on business results.
- Highly adept at Microsoft Office Applications, HRIS, and other applicable HR applications.
ARES Staffing Solutions. www.aresstaffing.com
After 20 years of success, we have the knowledge, relationships and resources to help your career soar. World-class companies select ARES to help staff their teams.
We specialize in Contract, Contract To Hire, and Permanent Information Technology Staffing.