Summary of Responsibilities
As part of a multidisciplinary team on the on the Canadian Surface Combatant Project (CSC), you will be a member of the G&C deployed team on site in Halifax. You will interact directly with all client levels as required by the client, and will fulfill a key role in the Systems Engineering Team, serving as the program's Human Systems Integration subject matter expert. Reporting to the Engineering Manager – Specialty Systems, the successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute Human System Integration Program, contribute to the CSC Safety and Environmental Case, and provide input to Training Needs Analyses. Areas of knowledge and experience are sought in, but not limited to:
- Human Systems Integration Engineering, preferably in the maritime domain
- System Engineering
- Naval Systems (Combat or Platform-oriented)
- System Hazard Identification, System Risk Assessments, and Safety Control Development
- Verification & Validation techniques
- Provide Human System Integration Subject Matter Expertise to the CSC Project.
- Develop, execute and coordinate Human System Integration in accordance with the Human Systems Integration Program Plan, Regulatory and Statutory requirements, and DND Policy.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the development, documentation, and evaluation of deliverables related to Human Systems Integration.
- Provide support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues related to design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are identified, communicated and recorded.
- Develop subcontractor safety and environmental requirements.
- Provide Human Systems Integration Engineering input to Integrated Project Teams and Working Groups.
- Contribute to Hazard Identification, Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
- Provide guidance to and oversight of junior team members.
- Promote a positive Product/System Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be a role model for professional behavior.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizenship.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- BS Degree in Structural, Materials, or Marine Engineering.
- PE or EIT is a plus
- A minimum of five to eight years' experience in the following fields:
- Human Systems Integration Engineering
- Systems Engineering in large and complex Defense acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Excellent Oral, Written and Presentation Skills.
- Strong Time Management and Organization Skills as an Independent Contributor.
- Demonstrated Interpersonal Skills as a member of a Collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- Product/System Safety Engineering
- Application of Human Systems Integration into new build ships.
- Experience working in design, integration, installation and test of naval systems within warship construction programs
- Application of the Naval Ship Code
- Application of Lloyd's Register Naval Ship Rules
General Position Requirements:
- Travel: 75% or greater to Halifax, NS
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.