HVAC FIELD SERVICE - HVAC TECHNICAN
May 16, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
As the Technical Advisor for the HVAC Product Sales Division, you perform a variety of functions to provide timely and effective technical services, support and training for assigned product lines to support business activities and customer requirements. You will also perform related administrative duties, including reports, communications, and preparation of technical documents. As the Technical Advisor, you will take a role in both internal/external working relationships with the designated Head Office engineering personnel to resolve product or system performance issues. The position reports to the Commercial Product Manager ndash; HVAC Division
- Provide effective technical assistance to customers and distributor partners to solve technical issues across all commercial HVAC product lines via email, telephone or on-site visits.
- Support the planning and preparation of training curriculum in accordance with business needs including training related presentations, materials and other documents as required.
- Support the maintenance of the training facility and ensure applicable equipment required for training purposes is functional and up to date.
- Support the development of the product-training schedule and conduct training sessions in accordance with planned activities and customer requests.
Technical Administration and Services:
- Prepare technical documents such as, but not limited to, technical bulletins as directed.
- Perform technical services and product repairs as required, including product updates/re-work to ensure the most current version of equipment is available for sale to customers.
- Complete testing of new commercial HVAC products, including software, confirming proper functionality and performance as per factory specification parameters.
- Liaise with the leadership team to ensure all product information, installation, service, user and parts manuals are current and accurate.
- Review and process RSA submissions in accordance with department guidelines.
- Perform all functions in accordance with department and Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Recommend and assist in the development of new products, solutions, components, etc., as necessary.
- Support the effective management and resolution of all HVAC commercial technical issues with our sales channel partners consisting of distributors, contractors and engineers.
- Work towards supporting the commercial sales team in achieving annual product sales quota.
- Maintain commissioning and fault logs for future reference.
- Participate in any team product development initiatives when directed
- Act as a back-up resource for other technical support functions when required.
- Provide regular updates to Commercial Product Manager and/or Senior Technical Advisor, HVAC Product Sales Division.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience preferably in the HVAC industry.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience calling on consulting engineers, mechanical contractors and property managers.
- Fluent (oral written) English language.
- Familiar with HVAC wholesale and dealer organizations in Canada.
- A good technical knowledge of heating and air-conditioning systems. Experience with VRF technology is an asset.
- Ability to read and comprehend architect and engineer drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse group of people.
- Self-motivated, a team player with the ability to also work independently.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office Products.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position, you will have:
- Experience working with HVAC Systems - chillers and heat pumps.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- HVAC Commercial product lines
- Professional level of computer literacy is a must!
Excellent compensation package including bonus (based on attainable targets), sales commissions, and benefits package including RRSP, Dental and Medical.
Permanent, Full Time
Deborah Milo, Managing Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Deborah Milo: http://stoakley.com/meet-deborah-milo/
HVAC, HVAC sales, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Sales, Gas furnaces, air conditioners, boilers, heat pumps, roof top units, unit heaters, gas hot water tanks, tankless water heaters, and chillers.
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result, we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Performance bonus
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days