What you will do
Under general direction, leads the Winnipeg market building systems sales teams by executing account management strategies that facilitate long-term customer relationships with targeted customers. Plans, forecasts, manage and deliver consistent long-term profitable market growth. Develops and directs the technical sales force to be the premier supplier of all HVAC and fire protection offerings (i.e. HVAC controls & equipment, fire alarm, fire suppression) across all building types. Responsible for actualizing account management strategies, sales planning, sales pipeline management, salesperson development/training and sales activity consistent with the JCI Sales Management Disciplines. Personally establishes and maintains long term customer relationships with key and target owners, architects, consulting engineers and contractors to influence opportunities. Through active leadership participation in the local community and professional organizations, maintains an understanding of the business environment (i.e. legislative, purchasing, and market trends).
How you will do it
• Manages account assignments to the systems sales team to ensure secured sales performance to plan.
• Provides accurate and timely forecasting of sales and the corresponding allocation of sales support resources
• Practices performance management by setting clear goals, investing personal time in employee development, actively coaching to ensure adherence to Company policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives regarding human resource management.
• Increases market penetration in local systems business by securing new customers and expanding the scope of the existing customer base with owner, architectural engineer and mechanical consultants and contractor accounts. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with all key and target accounts. Ensures the development of new business and demonstrates an understanding of the various channels in the market and how they inter-relate with the market business.
• Facilitates training and ensures support resources are in place to develop salespersons capable of selling the full scope of bundled offerings available.
• Develops strategies for the local sales team consistent with Building Efficiency mission and objectives. Understands the business environment of branch markets including competition, purchasing and business trends. Accountable for integration of construction sales team activity within assigned staffing geography.
• Evaluates Johnson Controls’ local performance in customer satisfaction and provides leadership for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues.
• Participates as the management team representative on strategically important key accounts. Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities.
• Owns and manages the sales staffing plan for the assigned local geography. Working with the Regional HR and Talent Acquisition team to recruit, hire, and retain Systems and Equipment sales and sales support staff to plan.
• Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates the local office with the highest business ethics.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Five to eight years of experience in building systems (HVAC or Fire & Security) in a sales and/or operational role.
• Three years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer organizations both at the senior executive and field level
• Functional/Technical Skills in leading a sales organization
• Action Oriented
• Business Acumen
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Building Effective Teams
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating to accommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on the Company website for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.