TFI International Inc. is a North American leader in the transportation and logistics industry, operating across Canada and the United States through its subsidiaries. TFI International companies service multiple business segments and have their I.T. resources aligned to support each segment. The TST Overland Express LTL I.T. department supports multiple operating divisions out of its Calgary and Mississauga locations and has an immediate opening for an experienced IBM iSeries RPG Programmer Analyst in its Mississauga office.
This position requires a self starter that is resourceful, organized and detail oriented. The successful applicant will assume the role of Programmer Analyst working within a team of developers in the Information Technology Department to provide programming support for new and existing software.
- Develop and maintain iSeries applications written in RPGIV and RPGILE
- Interacting with end users to define requirements
- Clearly documenting program code
- Troubleshooting and debugging existing code
- Thoroughly testing code and fixes to ensure quality
- Providing programming support for various interfaces
- Keeping key contacts informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes
- Completing project estimates and adhering to them on the majority of assignments
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years experience programming in RPGIV, RPGILE, SQLRPGLE, CL within an IBM iSeries environment
- Experience with free-format RPG and modular programming concepts
- Demonstrated experience working on complex systems and projects
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Have ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with RESTful APIs, PHP, HTML and web development is an asset
- Experience with MS-SQL Server is an asset
- Experience in or knowledge of the transportation business is an asset
- Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions, i.e., a good problem solver.
In addition to strong iSeries RPG skills, the successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills and have an effective interpersonal style as this position requires direct involvement with the user community.
Note that RPG programming skills are essential to be considered for this position. Any resumes submitted that do not include extensive experience in RPG development will not be considered.
We offer a dynamic environment with an opportunity for growth, and an excellent benefit package.
Interested candidates should submit their resume quoting "RPG Programmer" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No Agency Solicitation at this time.
Competitive Salary and Benefits