Looking for passionate “tech risk nerds” with strong analytical skills, critical thinking and interest in risk management to defend the Bank of Tomorrow!
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The RISK Information and Communications Technology (ICT) department is part of the Group RISK Functions within BNP Paribas. It is a part of the 2nd Line of Defence (2LOD) under the Bank’s Chief Cyber & Technology Risk Officer. The Montreal Centre of Excellence is responsible for establishing independent oversight and measurement of ICT RISK across North and South America, in collaboration with global and local teams around the world.
• Participate in the risk information team's specific projects.
• Participate to the identification and assessment of operational risks that must be effectively performed across the organization by correlating inputs from various sources such as Audit Findings, Internal Loss Data Collection & Analysis, External Data Collection & Analysis, Risk Control Self Assessments, etc.
• Analyze large amount of data to produce high quality reports, dashboards, findings and insights.
• Contribute to written and oral presentations and presentations for ICT risk teams and teams from various sectors of activity.
• Participate in projects or initiatives related to ICT risks to acquire an overall vision of the global ICT risk team.
• Carry out any other assigned tasks.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Ongoing university degree (Certificate, Bachelor or Masters) in information Technology, Information Security or similar training and experience.
• Knowledge of Information Systems or Cyber Security topics. A related certification is a plus.
• Experience in the creation of formal documents, such as memos, presentations, reports and procedures for a diverse audience (business, risk, IT management).
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• You are the type of person who analyzes problems under many different angles.
• Scripting in Python or SQL or Excel/VBA comes naturally to you.
• You have a keen eye in turning “raw data” into “insights” that can be acted upon.
• Your friends think you are awesome because you are a great communicator.
• You are passionate about technology and the challenges and threats related to the use of technology in organizations and society.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• You start your day with a big smile on your face!
• You can see clearly “inside the box” first and then “think big” and “outside of the box”.
• You like to think that you are a forensics expert or detective while performing data analysis.
• You have knowledge on the financial sector.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.