We are a small Immigration firm located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver. We have been supporting clients from all around the world with their Immigration Matters for over 18 years. What sets our firm apart is that EVERYONE in our firm is genuinely cares about our clients and has a positive attitude. We believe life is too short to work in an environment with anything less than this atmosphere.
We are looking for Immigration Consultant / Case Assistant to provide legal support to Senior Immigration Counsel. If you are the kind of person that truly likes to make a difference in people’s life, treats people with dignity and respect, likes to receive ongoing support and feedback. Then you may be a good fit for us. You will learn a lot by joining our firm as we have diverse Immigration and Refugee cases. The possibilities for growth and increasing your knowledge and professional experience are up to how far you want to take your career.
Please note that this position is NOT for you if you have the following:
1. A negative outlook on life or a poor attitude
2. A big ego
3. You just want a job to pay the bills (Earning a good livelihood comes hand in hand with our mission to transform our client's lives)
4. You have poor attention to detail
5. Lack integrity
To be considered for the position please do the following:
- In the subject line type: Immigration Law Support– Your Name
- Include a cover letter
- Submission of appropriate applications to relevant government agencies
- Conduct research on immigration programs and policies to ensure their accuracy and compliance to the requirements set by IRCC or provincial nominee programs
- Requesting and reviewing the documentation
- Conducting research, submit, monitor, track and report on all filed applications
- Compiling all information and documents required for submission
- Permanent Residencies, Temporary resident applications (SP,s TRVs, WPs, OWPs, PGWPs, etc.), LMIA Applications, Refugee Claims or as assigned.
- Follow up case processing until it is approved by IRCC
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (Professional/Advanced proficiency)
- A positive attitude and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- STRONG drafting skills: Submission letters, additional requests
- Ability to work independently AND Team player - you work well with others, have a positive attitude and follow instructions with enthusiasm
- Computer proficiency (Mac, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must be proactive and take initiative
- Timely and effective processing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- RCIC valid and in good standing of ICCRC is an asset
- Immigration Practitioner Diploma Program is an asset
- English and Spanish (Professional/Advanced proficiency)
Experienced and knowledgeable in immigration categories and procedures; able to learn new things quickly and thrive in fast pace environment. This position is for a person who is well organized, who is detail-oriented, and who enjoys working individually, as well as part of a team to deliver excellent client service.
Based on experience
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.