|In House Counsel|
Vancouver, BC, Canada
|The Company |
Resilient is a multi-business group of companies in Vancouver with a pioneering vision in health and wellness. As believers in innovation and creating a positive global impact, we operate and collaborate with a variety of health brands that include natural medicine, technology, hospitality, and a number of non-profits in both Canada and the US. We provide cutting edge solutions and hands-on expertise in innovating what health means to the world.
We are looking for an ambitious, business minded and legal team leader to grow with us. This role will lead the legal team and be a key advisor to management on legal matters across our portfolio and locations. This person should have extensive experience in negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts as well as experience with creative drafting solutions for new types of business transactions in the evolving digital world.
- Negotiate, manage, and take responsibility for key contractual provisions with subcontractors, suppliers, and professionals engaged across business units;
- Revise and update variety of contract templates;
- Support departments in resolving conflicts pursuant to contractual obligations and in keeping with core business goals;
- Engage and manage external legal counsel in support of litigation and real estate development matters; and
- Provide broad legal support to every business element within a diverse and growing organization.
- 8+ years of experience working in a multi-faceted legal environment, whether at a large firm or as in-house counsel
- Practicing member of the Bar of British Columbia
- Skilled in contract management, negotiation, and drafting
- Experience managing large financial transactions, investments, financing and capital raises is an asset
- Excellent organizational and time-management practices required to manage high volume of diverse matters
- Strategic planner with confidence to balance legal risks with business interests
- Must possess passion, energy, and enthusiasm to meet high standards
- Flexible and agile; ability to adapt quickly in a highly dynamic environment
Reasons to work with RMS
- Work with highly intelligent purpose driven people that have fun winning
- Be involved in businesses that make a positive difference in the world and improving customers lives
- Fun and results driven corporate culture with an amazing location downtown, on the beach
- Lots of potential for personal and professional growth
- Room for above average, and with hard work, extra-ordinary compensation in a established, yet still ground floor, opportunity
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. It will include generous base pay, bonus, profit sharing and an options plan that will allow above average compensation.
If you are the right candidate for this role, please apply online on our applicant tracking system including a cover letter on why you are the right candidate for the role.