Apex Motor Express is seeking an Inbound Dock Loading Supervisor to join the Dock Team based out of our Brampton location.
Apex Motor Express has been serving Canada with quality LTL service since 1948. For the last 70 years Apex has prided itself on being the industry’s most recognizable logistics partner – delivering high quality service and bringing new solutions to the table, while staying flexible enough to grow with our Customer’s needs.
Today, Apex Motor Express is looking for an Inbound Dock Loading Supervisor to join our Dock Team in our Brampton location. As an Inbound Dock Loading Supervisor for Apex Motor Express, you have a strong and demonstrated geographical knowledge of the GTA and surrounding areas and have been successful in combining that knowledge with your understanding of safe, productive and efficient loading practices of an LTL environment. You are a proven leader and have demonstrated success in a unionized environment.
Role: Inbound Dock Loading Supervisor
Hours: Monday to Friday; starting at 2300 hrs
- Creating,optimizing and executing a loading plan in coordination and cooperation with the Routing operation
- Maximizing delivery load capacities based on regulations, truck / trailer capacities, and driver coverage requirements
- Safely and effectively leading the dock Team to achieve targets and close times
- Expert geographical knowledge of the GTA and surrounding areas
- Strong planning skills
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to adjust a plan based on various parameters
- Excellent familiarity with trailer and straight truck load capacities and able to visualize load optimizing techniques
- Excellent communicator
- A self-starter, who works well with minimal supervision
- Works well with a Team
- Proficiency with a computer
- Familiarity with AS400
- Apex Motor Express offers a competitive base salary
- Participation in company sponsored pension program
- Participation in company profit sharing program
- Safety PPE allowance (as role requires)
- Opportunity for growth within a world class organization
We want you to be a contributing factor to our company’s success.