INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN Stoney Creek
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Previous experience as a plant electrician or experience with food processing and packing machinery
- Experience in a related field is required with a solid knowledge of all electrical regulations, codes and legislation. Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written skills with the ability to handle vendor and supplier interactions in person, with a can do attitude, always achieving a positive outcome
- Good mathematical and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of the industry, suppliers and sources would be an asset
- Ability to work with accuracy, multi-task, and able to maintain confidentiality and concentration while working with a sense of urgency to tight deadlines
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hold and maintain a current Provincial Industrial Electricians certificate and valid drivers license
- Accountable for the proper operation of PLC's as they relate to the plant operation
- Support the operation of the plant and identify potential areas for concern by doing daily rounds, record findings and using their ability to prioritize work effectively
- Testing and performing preventative inspections and maintenance
- Continually upgrade knowledge of all relevant codes and legislation, and new materials, equipment, products, methods and required procedures
- Use a variety of tools, report code violations and ensure that all properties, facilities and equipment are properly maintained.
- Order parts through the Parts Clerk that are required immediately for a mechanical or electrical repair
- Work with 550/110 and PLC equipment
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve production operations, streamline work and control and reduce costs
- Decrease turnaround times for equipment breakdowns and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless service
- Respond to any of the electrical needs in the building and support offices
- Must be familiar with computerized Preventative Maintenance program
- Work with a sense of urgency with regards to production equipment breakdowns
- Work with other members of the maintenance team on non-electrical related duties
- Any other duties as assigned
Provincial Industrial Electricians Certificate 442A or 309A as a minimum; a valid Ontario Fire Alarm & Protection Certification license is an asset. Valid driver's license. Five to ten (5-10) years Industrial Electrician experience, preferably with a minimum of 5 years in the food processing industry. Thorough knowledge of ESA, electrical codes, practices, tools and equipment associated with electrical and mechanical trades. Industry specific experience with 550/110 and PLC equipment would be considered a definite asset. Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds when required. Good customer service skills to interact with other employees and external contacts. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work well with others. Highly self-motivated with self-initiative and the ability to work without direct supervision.
Fast paced production floor and maintenance shop with continuous interruptions, distractions and varying noise levels. Requires standing, walking, bending and moderate lifting throughout the day. Cool environment in the maintenance area, cold environment in the confines of the plant.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and looking for a challenge that will provide future advancement opportunities with a growing company.
experience will be considered