Industrial Mechanic / Millwright
Our Portage la Prairie client has an immediate opening for an Industrial / Mechanic Millwright in their food processing plant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all planned and unplanned maintenance on plant equipment following direction of supervisor - this will include installation of new parts & equipment
- Fabrication of parts for repairs and projects machine parts or weld as required.
- Make temporary or permanent repairs of all machinery includes; hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment.
- Assemble and align gears, bearings & shafts involving the application of press, sliding and running fits. Align shaft to shaft coupling
- Participate in developing Preventative Maintenance task lists, spare parts lists, and complete documentation
- Prepares and completes work orders and deficiency lists for equipment and facility.
- Maintains a safe and debris-free work environment and follow company safety rules, SOP’s, GMP’s, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Red Seal endorsement as a Licensed Industrial Millwright.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a certified tradesperson
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
- Strong fabrication skills relating to repairs and projects.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal guidance, direction and assistance.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to safely and efficiently use hand and shop tools.
- Experience in rigging & hoisting is preferred
- This plant operates 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, General hours of work are M-F 8am – 4:30pm – please note there is a requirement to be on a rotation on calls evenings and weekends for emergency breakdowns
- Demonstrated knowledge of food processing/chemical processing operations including Packaging equipment, Manufacturing equipment, welding, fabricating, machining, electrical / electronic and CMMS software would be an asset
This position will require a criminal record check and two work related references.
- Hourly wage is $30.00 an hour to $32.00
- Benefits after 90 day