Company Operating Name: Hybrid Elevator Inc.
Company Business Address: 364 Lougheed Rd #16, Kelowna BC V1X 7R8
Title of the Position: Industrial Products Designer
- Consults with clients, engineers and production specialists to establish product development
- Develop manual and computer- assisted design (CAD) concepts, sketches or models
- Install computer control systems
- Source more equipment
- Conduct research into cost, properties of production materials and methods of production
- Analyze the intended use of production and user preferences
- Train and assist in creating training reference guides for installation of residential elevators for current staff and the employer
- Uses Italian equipment for light commercial elevator installations
Terms of Employment
- Full time
Language of Work
- Commensurate with education and experience.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
Location of Work
- Kelowna, British Columbia
- Develop new concepts and products and demonstrate their features, form and detailed application and restrictions in response to the customer requests
- Evolve the design concept through a systematic process of model making, testing, analysis, and refinement to create a prototype of the product design as required.
- Participate in the cross-disciplinary project team(s) to collectively solve product design issues, including manufacturability, function, appearance, product application, etc and report back, to project team with significant design direction.
- Communicate and demonstrate the new product designs using models, CAD layouts, drawings and presentations as required.
- Present product concepts and design direction, both internally and externally in an informal and formal manner.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and standards as they relate to competitive product and design.
- Continually acquire knowledge of new product(s) and how they may be applied to various changing work environments.
- Keep Design Management aware of significant decisions, changes and progress updates.
- Create parts detailing, and shop drawings for manufacture.
- Ability to read complex instructions and blueprints
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Health and safety awareness
- Excellent knowledge of technical systems, mechanics and electronics related to residential elevators
- Work autonomously, but as well, when necessary able to cooperate with others
- Good manual dexterity and practical intelligence
- University Degree in industrial design, architecture engineering or a college diploma in industrial design is required
- Creative ability by a portfolio of work is required
- Minimum 5 years working in the CAD and residential elevator industry is preferred