Thanks for checking out this fantastic new opportunity!
Whether you’re an experienced professional, or a recent graduate – ARES brings value to your job search. Through our company, you can access opportunities and connect with an amazing network of Canada’s top employers.
The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for research, evaluation, assessment, operational, reporting, and analytical support for technology controls and information security programs and initiatives. You will be a subject matter expert in the technical areas of information security and maintain strong relationships with IT Infrastructure and Operational Business Units. This is a hands-on role that directly contributes towards the day-to-day cyber-security operational support of all global sites, by monitoring and proactively responding to any cyber threat which may materialize and prevent or minimize potential business or financial impact.
- Identify and recommend appropriate risk treatment and response options to manage risk to an acceptable level based on risk appetite to meet organizational goals and objectives
- Plan, establish, and manage the capability to detect, investigate, respond, and recover from information security incidents to minimize business impact
- Develop business cases to support investments in information security
- Establish, monitor, evaluate, and report key information security metrics to provide management with accurate and meaningful information regarding the effectiveness of the information security strategy
- Identify legal, regulatory, organizational, and other applicable requirements to manage the risk of noncompliance to acceptable levels
- Participate in regular internal and external audits to ensure that applicable physical and logical controls are being complied to, and develop responses for identified exceptions
- Ensure that risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, and threat analyses are conducted consistently, and to identify and assess risk to the organization’s information
- Determine whether information security controls are appropriate and effectively manage risk to an acceptable level
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a role-based access control program by collaborating with various department stakeholders and applications owners while making sure all changes are properly documented and approved to satisfy audit requirements
- Mandatory to be available and on-call evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays as demanded by the severity of the situation
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as an information security analyst
- CISSP and CCSP preferred
- Extensive knowledge of multiple cyber-security domains such as governance, risk assessment, threat intelligence, user education, security operation, and security architecture
- Extensive knowledge of cyber-security standards such as ISO, NIST, PIPEDA, and GDPR
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise asset management, endpoint protection platforms, secure web gateways, secure email gateways, vulnerability assessment tools, identity and access management solutions, and intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Advanced knowledge of private and public cloud infrastructure tools and protocols
- Advanced knowledge of physical security tools such as Genetec Security Center
- Hands on experience with implementing security awareness and training containing various mediums like on-boarding presentation, online training modules, lunch and learns, periodic security communication, and simulated phishing campaigns
- Hands on experience with Role Based Access Control and User Access Administration
- Proven ability to create detailed technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes, including detailed network diagrams, system processes, and maintaining accurate records of system configurations and inventory
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders, and develop detailed task lists from start-to-finish
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and highly analytical aptitude
ARES Staffing Solutions. www.aresstaffing.com
After 20 years of success, we have the knowledge, relationships and resources to help your career soar. World-class companies select ARES to help staff their teams.
We specialize in Contract, Contract To Hire, and Permanent Information Technology Staffing.