VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Information Security Analyst Position number: 9511 Attention email@example.com , contact no: (416) 366-2600 Ext. 236
Position No.: 9511
Position: Information Security Analyst
Position Type: Permanent
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Scarborough, ON
This innovative organization is seeking a Security Analyst to join the Security Architect team. This group works in an environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect.
Noted for its great company culture, the organization offers professional growth and development programs to help advance your career and competitive benefits that include fitness reimbursement and discount programs.
Our client is seeking an Information Security Analyst to work with the Security Architect to develop and deliver IT security standards, best practices and systems to ensure information system security. The selected candidate will also manage and participate in the planning and implementation of security administration for all IT projects as well as enforce security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls. Finally, this individual will provide direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures (e.g., user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of firewalls and encryption routines).
- Implements processes and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to information security standards; facilitates migration of non-compliant environments to compliant environments
- Prepares status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of software viruses and malware
- Involved in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in all IT projects with regard to security issues
- Makes recommendations and assists in the implementation of changes to work methods and procedures to make them more effective or to strengthen security measures.
- Monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) control activities to meet SOX compliance including Vulnerability Scanning, Access Reviews, Audit Log Monitoring, Patch Management, Technical Security and Auditing Standards compliance
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience in an Information Security field
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience in Information Security
- In-depth knowledge of remote access concepts, firewall configuration, internet protocols, vulnerability assessments, anti-virus, encryption technologies, PKI, two factor authentication, wireless security, malware and intrusion detection practices
- Familiar with common encryption technologies including Blowfish, SSL/TLS, 3DES, AES
- Good knowledge of industry standard frameworks (ITIL, COBIT, PMBOK, CMMI)
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements and impact on Information Security
- Exposure to DRP/BCP planning and testing
- Should have experience using Security vulnerability assessment tools such as NESSUS or Acunetix, SNORT, NMAP.
- Industry standard certifications including CISSP and/or CISA is preferred.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com . VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.