IS Strategic Vendor Analyst
Ideal Start: Immediate
Contract Duration: 1 year
Work Location: Downtown, Calgary
Description of work:
The Vendor Analyst position is a key role within the Information Services (IS) Commercial Office and provides support to Vendor Specialists in the creation of successful, measurable, and sustainable business outcomes with valued vendors, while mitigating risk to the business.
The Vendor Analyst is responsible for assisting in the selection and monitoring of vendor performance based on the strategy and overall sourcing policies. This position measures and analyzes the performance metrics delivered by IS vendors to ensure quality and cost-effective vendor services. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a $50MM software portfolio, vendor billing, reporting and other administrative responsibilities that ensure vendor services don't disrupt business functions.
- Ensure IS vendors deliver according to service commitments and/or license schedules; oversee vendor compliance and performance management, including analysis of cost and quality
- Report on vendor compliance and performance based on established SLAs; manage vendor scorecards and dashboards for operations and management
- Trend analysis on SLAs, KPIs, financial and other performance metrics
- Create and maintain applicable industry benchmarks
- Work with Enterprise Architects to ensure any software changes are compatible with established architecture standards and policies
- Work with internal stakeholders to support annual appraisal of outsourced and/or vendor services to ensure continued value
- Work collaboratively with other IS teams to validate service performance / software usage and metrics
- Experience with creating and streamlining project services/software maintenance renewal workflows
- Creating and updating monthly management reports, financial tracking of progress against annual budget and Long-Range Plan
- Assist with software license schedule development, negotiations, changes, reviews, and terminations
- Maintain an in-house developed tool (Vendor Relationship Management) on the SalesForce platform for data accuracy and vendor support continuity
- Previous experience understanding and maintaining financial forecast, budgets, and Long-Range Plans
- Experience and understanding of project costing, forecasting, and any other support required around invoice escalations, PO Req set up etc
- 5 Years’ experience in IS software licensing and related vendor services
- Intermediate experience in interpreting vendor statements of work (SOWs)
- Intermediate to senior experience in the end-to-end development of reporting, including data gathering, report building, audience awareness, and presentation skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Spotfire would be an asset, but not required.
- Excellent collaborator and communicator
Nice to Have Skills:
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic with an attitude of achieving results
- Ability to think outside the box, and troubleshoot
- Good understanding of SAP
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."