Salentica Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Toronto or Oshawa office
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
Salentica, a subsidiary of SS&C is currently looking for an industry proven, self-motivated DevOps expert to join our team of experienced development professionals. The successful candidate will be a conscientious worker with a record of success, who has demonstrated they can work collaboratively and adapt to changing technologies. This position will report to the Development Manager and will be located in either our Development office in Oshawa or our headquarters in Toronto.
- Oversee the day-to-day health of critical operational systems
- Proactively monitor and maintain platforms to ensure peak performance and availability
- Participate in application & infrastructure design discussions
- Engage with Product teams to understand requirements and help deliver solutions
- Work with internal Support & Dev teams, and directly with customers to assist with issue resolution
- Other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Legendary experience running multiple application pipelines on Heroku
- Mastery of MongoDB; operations, data manipulation, advanced queries
- Experience as a Linux admin, and knowledge of shell scripting
- Amazon AWS administration skills – focused on EC2, S3, SES, Pinpoint
- Experience administering complex services in Azure
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable, distributed application
What will set you apart from the pack?
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
- Experience with CRM applications and/or digital reporting portal applications
- Experience with Java and/or .Net programming
- Self-motivator; able to grasp concepts quickly with minimal supervision, take ownership of problems and follow them through to completion
- Outstanding communication skills; both oral and written
About SS&C Salentica
SS&C Salentica delivers client management solutions for financial service firms, based on the Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics platforms. We are located in the heart of the financial district in downtown Toronto, with a satellite development office in Oshawa. Founded in 1997, Salentica became part of the SS&C Technologies family of companies in 2016.
This is an ideal position if you enjoy DevOps and want to work with some of the latest technology. Salentica offers a small company environment where your contributions are recognized and appreciated and your ideas welcomed. As a part of the SS&C family of companies, we offer the excellent benefits that come with working for a global company.
- Extensive Health Benefit Plan
- RRSP matching Program and Bonus Potential
- Generous Training Allowance and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Candidate Referral Program
- Business Casual work environment
- Work/life Balance
- Close to all transit
To further explore this opportunity, please APPLY NOW through our careers page on the corporate website. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.