Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The Core Services Level 3 team is part of the Enterprise Computing Organization of Morgan Stanley. The team manages and supports the production core infrastructure of the Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) plant. This position is expected to integrate into the global follow the sun operations model. Products supported by the team include internally developed applications, vendor applications, as well as open source ones.
- Participate in the on-call rotation shifts in support of our 24x7 global environments (monthly)
- Participate in the full product lifecycle including testing, integration, onboarding, deployment, monitoring, operation, maintenance, tuning, and repair of web-based applications and systems in a large scale Cloud/PaaS based environment.
- Perform incident, change, and problem management.
- Manage documentation to be consumed by internal and external facing teams.
- Identify and automate processes wherever possible to improve reliability and efficiency.
- Provide advisory and consultancy to customer base.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Linux System Administration preferably Red Hat.
- Experience with web architecture including performance, availability, scalability, and disaster recovery, capacity planning.
- Experience with Perl, Python or Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with networking protocols such as HTTP and TCP/IP.
- Experience with application level support on PaaS and SaaS
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools.
- Experience with troubleshooting tools such as TCPdump and Wireshark.
- Experience with security implementations including Kerberos, DMZ, SSL, firewalls, proxy servers.
- Process improvement by proactively identifying, analyzing, and improving upon existing processes.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. The candidate must be capable of writing documentation, making presentations to an internal audience and interacting positively with upper management, colleagues, and customers.
- Independent problem-solving skills, self-motivated, and a mindset for taking ownership.
- Operational concepts such as SLA, metrics, and alerts.
- Ability to work in a 24x7 global team.
- Interest and understanding of emerging IT trends.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Linux lightweight containers and virtualization.
- Knowledge of publish subscribe and message queue systems.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of load-balancing and working with content delivery networks to improve the reliability and reduce the latency.
- Knowledge of RDBMS databases
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.