Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) is comprised of five primary areas:
- Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
- End User Technology (EUT) delivers core communication, collaboration and productivity tools across the Firm, including desktop and mobile devices, remote computing solutions, and multimedia services.
- Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM) provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services. QAPM also manages the Enterprise Command Center, Enterprise Systems Management, and Technology Disaster Recovery services.
- Technology & Information Risk (TIR) delivers first-line defenses to manage risks to Firm technology. TIR oversees programs that protect and enable the business, ensure secure delivery of services to our clients, address the risks presented by an evolving threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations.
- Technology Business Development (TechBD) manages the Firm’s strategic relationships with external technology companies.
The Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) Senior Email Specialist provides the highest level of consultancy and solution design for the firm’s perimeter email platforms. The role will focus on design, migration planning and implementation of the firm’s next-generation secure email gateway infrastructure. The role is suited to an experienced messaging specialist with a strong background in enterprise security. This role is primarily project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
The ESP team provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic perimeter email infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. The role in question concentrates on architecting secure solutions on the perimeter messaging platforms for internal client groups.
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical qualities - preferably in a global environment, ideally within the finance industry.
- Analysis and implementation of perimeter email security and email routing solutions.
- Provide architecture assurance on messaging initiatives.
- Implementation of email security standards such as DKIM, SPF and DMARC.
- Maintain email security infrastructure, providing stability by developing tools, policies, processes and procedures for the operations teams.
- Provide a secure environment, by implementing controls to manage and mitigate risks.
- Provide consultancy services to IT Security teams.
- Develop automated metrics reporting capabilities.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base.
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent understanding and experience architecting and implementing email security solutions.
- Expert knowledge on open source MTA implementations, including Sendmail and Postfix.
- Strong knowledge of integration of messaging platforms with LDAP (OpenLDAP) directory.
- Experience with email encryption implementations with PKI integration.
- Scripting and Development Skills (Perl, Python or Shell).
- Design and implementation experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Expert knowledge of SMTP (RFC 821/5321), TLS, DNS and related standards.
- Strong Linux Sysadmin experience.
- Interpersonal Skills - Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Project Management Skills with experience on enterprise projects.
- Strong general networking background (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing, OSI Model, Packet trace and analysis, etc.)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Proofpoint Messaging Security Gateways.
- Implementation experience with emerging email controls such as DMARC.
- Experience within financial services industry preferred.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.