Job ID: 148090
Permacon, a CRH Company, is a leader and pioneer in the manufacturing of concrete masonry and landscaping products. Permacon is a division of Oldcastle® Architectural and operates 11 plants in Ontario and Quebec.
We’re currently looking for an Industrial Housekeeper for our Bolton plant in a permanent, fulltime role. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the following are some of the main duties and responsibilities for an Industrial Housekeeper:
- Perform basic preventative maintenance and inspection of equipment to limit the
production stoppage or production abnormalities
- Communicate any irregularities or faulty situations regarding the product,
batch, quality, machine, equipment, and/or health & safety
- Keep work area clean and participate in housekeeping activities including
cleaning the plant, yard and equipment
- Cleaning the mixer, shoveling aggregates, sweeping the floor etc.
- Participate in implementation of 5S fundamentals throughout the plant
- Operate various hand tools and power tools to carry out small repairs and installations
- Learn basic machine function, production fundamentals, safety, production process.
Education: Minimum high school completion
Skill: Good mechanical aptitude as well as handyman type skills
Experience: Within a manufacturing or industrial environment
Personal Qualities: Team work oriented, takes initiative; responsible, adaptable, precise; methodical. Organized, must be able to work with established procedures, guidelines, and under immediate supervision. Must be able to learn quickly and display good judgement and communication. Respectful and client oriented. Must be able to react efficiently and to operate equipment safely. Must have an excellent attendance record.
Schedule: Mon-Thu 10am-7pm & Fri 10am-6pm
- A stable Company, in business for 60 years; an industry leader
- Working environment and culture that emphasizes safety first
- Ongoing technical training and advancement opportunities
- Machine Operator advancement opportunity
- Full Health, Dental, Travel and Vision Insurance
- RRSP plan with employer match
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of benefits, including a group pension plan.
Individual accommodation shall be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications.