Inspector - (Carseland, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, Reliability, the Inspector will be responsible for assessing the mechanical integrity and safety of equipment and executing the inspection needs at Carseland Nitrogen. The inspector will be responsible for maintaining the pressure equipment integrity management system at Carseland Nitrogen, working with the Engineering, Technology and Capital Inspection centre of excellence team
What you will do:
- Act as the Carseland Nitrogen Unit Inspector and performs all tasks therein
- Oversee and ensure Corporate and Regulatory compliance with respect to Nutrien’s Pressure Equipment Integrity Management System (PEIMS)
- Provide input to capital planning to initiate projects to replace end of life pressure equipment
- Perform pressure equipment inspections on a day to day basis and during outages / turnarounds
- Develop Inspection Test Plans (ITP’s) for pressure equipment inspections and for pressure piping fabrication
- Oversee contractor inspection resources to ensure Corporate and Regulatory compliance
- Oversee data collection and data entry into VISIONS to support the RBI program
- Support the pressure relieving device maintenance program
- Assist in facilitating regulatory and internal audits as required
- Provide specialized technical support for maintenance and repair of equipment
- Work closely and support the maintenance and engineering groups
- Review designs for new construction and support management of change reviews for pressure equipment
What you will bring:
- Graduate of Mechanical or Materials Engineering Technology Programs
- Certified Engineering Technologist or equivalent experience
- API 510 and Alberta or IPV Certifications required
- API 570, API 653 and IBPV Certification would be considered an asset
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Solid working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite and experience with SAP and Visions considered an asset
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran