Client ID: 285581
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Instructional Designer a 7 month contract in Winnipeg, MB.
Instructional Designer Job Details
- Majority of the role is written and recorded (audio) content creation for e-learning
- 5-10% of role is facilitating lessons and teaching
- All content will be business applications, technical, corporate learning for MPI internal employees - up to executive level
- Working with a large team to plan and implement learning initiatives
Instructional Designer Responsibilities
Program Design and Development
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and evaluates learning programs.
- Maintains existing learning programs including courses offered through the Corporate Learning Management System.
- Designs and recommends customized learning paths for employees and business partners.
- Participates in the research and implementation of industry best practices for the development and delivery of learning programs.
- Works with the Design and Digital Media team to design and develop on-line learning programs.
- Works with the Training and Development Support Clerk to ensure course materials and logistics are ready for courses.
- Responsible to ensure certification requirements are included in course design.
- Reviews and analyzes course evaluation data to measure the effectiveness of training programs.
Conducts the delivery of learning programs.
Planning and Project Management
- Assists with the planning and implementation of the Knowledge Management Plan under the direction of the Senior Instructional Designer.
- Develops and implements project plans that follow project management methodology.
- Organizes and schedules resources according to the project plan.
- Coordinates the involvement of other functional areas and subject matter experts in the development of training programs.
Internal and External Stakeholder Relations
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with employees and business partners and external stakeholders.
- Liaises with internal and external organizations to support all front-line training related issues and learning gaps.
Instructional Designer Mandatory Skills
- Need to have 5-10 years of experience in a digital learning environment
- Degree, diploma and designations in adult learning or education a strong asset
- Must have experience teaching/developing content to an adult audience
- Storyline and Vyond software experience a strong asset - having used a variety of similar software would also be considered
- Polished and professional demeanor, communication skills are extremely important in this role
- Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Business, Arts or a related discipline.
- Certificate in Adult Education (e.g. CAE, CACE, PDAL) or eLearning Instructional Design or equivalent.
- Supplementary courses in digital learning
- Four (4) years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering learning programs online courses.
- Certificate in Adult Education (e.g. CAE, CACE, PDAL) or eLearning Instructional Design or equivalent
- Supplementary courses in digital learning
- Six (6) years’ experience designing, developing and delivering learning programs and online courses.
Special skills and/or requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning styles and adult education concepts
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging instructional design methodology (e.g. ADDIE) and digital learning (eLearning, virtual classrooms, web-based conferencing and mobile learning)
- Advanced knowledge of eLearning authoring tools (Articulate 360 Suite, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Vyond,etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of corporate learning management systems.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present information effectively to various audiences.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret system and business processes.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced experience with office software products such as MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Detail oriented, accurate and highly organized with the ability to prioritize workloads and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to assess organizational training effectiveness and to modify programs appropriately.
- Project Management experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is an asset.
Instructional Designer Job Length
Instructional Designer Job Location