YOU’RE AN entrepreneur, AND A natural TEACHER WITH A HEART OF gold AND NERVES OF steel.
Closing: Untill Filled
Location: Medicine Hat ,AB
**Please note this is a contractor position. The successful candidate for this position must be available on weekends and evenings to accommodate student schedules. Travel to Edmonton or Calgary for a portion of the training is required. **
AMA is Alberta’s leading driving school and is proud to offer progressive driving programs. Our goal is to teach our students the skills to have a lifetime of safe driving through innovative training and exceptional customer service. If you are patient, enthusiastic and enjoy “owning your own business” like work arrangement, we would love to have you as a part of our Contracted Driver Education Instructors team where we believe in providing the best programs and instructors for our students. If you’re interested in working non-standard flexible hours, developing your business and making a difference in the lives of others, we’re interested in talking with you.
We’re looking for instructors with the ability to help us effectively deliver our Driver Education programs and strong desire to turn students into safe drivers for life. This contract position is located in Medicine Hat.
AS A CONTRACTOR INSTRUCTOR WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexibility to make your own schedule to determine your work/life balance and earning potential.
- A comprehensive and continuous training program to help you develop the necessary skills to become a Licensed Driving Instructor.
- Learning workshops twice a year for professional development.
- Compensation for Student pick-up and drop-off.
- Bonus pay incentive program.
- Deals and discounts through AMA Rewards program. (for AMA Members)
- A meaningful career in learning and development where you have the job satisfaction of turning novice students into independent and safe drivers.
- Excellent support from AMA with our brilliant and up to date industry knowledge.
WHAT MOVES YOU:
- You’re positive, upbeat and love being around people — but when it comes to driving, you’re serious about staying safe and you’re a stickler for following the rules of the road.
- You take pride in your own driving behavior and have the desire to be the model of excellence – even when no one is watching.
- You’re truly unflappable and you’ve got a Zen-like ability to remain calm in even the most stressful driving situations (after all, you know that riding with first-time drivers can be an adventure!).
- You love the idea of having a career that offers different experience every day and enables you to meet a variety of people.
- You make delivering an excellent customer experience your top priority.
- You’re a natural teacher and enjoy answering questions — even the ones you’ve heard a few times in a day.
- You understand that no two students are the same so you always look for the best ways to share information that will meet the needs of your learners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Report to the Chief Instructor/Senior Instructor.
- Provide quality vehicle instruction to students, following AMA’s instruction requirements and customer service standards.
- Provide constructive feedback on student drivers’ ability, helping them to develop the confidence and skills necessary to become a licensed, safe driver for life.
- Responsible for Student scheduling and submission of required daily paperwork.
- Follow Alberta Transportation guidelines and policies for Driving Instructors.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
- You have your Provincial Vehicle Instructor License from Alberta Transportation. Training will be provided to suitable candidates if you do not have this certification.
- You own a vehicle that is no more than six years old.
- You have the ability to obtain required insurance coverage for Driving Instructors.
- You proudly boast a clean driver’s abstract.
- You have excellent verbal communication skills and a professional, neat appearance
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.