Job DescriptionJob Title: Intensive Case Management ClinicianWork Site: Youth Intensive Case Management, Foundry - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately August 2020Salary: $34.95 - $43.58 per hourHours:
Days off: Monday and SaturdayReference#: 128017-rro
Come work as an Intensive Case Management Clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Intensive Case Management Clinician to join the Youth Intensive Case Management Team at Foundry in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team! As an Intensive Case Management Clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary mental health and addictions team to provide assessments, treatment and case management for individuals within the designated client population experiencing urgent and emergent mental health and substance abuse problems.
- Work in partnership with clients, families and relevant clinical care partners to ensure service provided is integrated across the continuum of care.
- Perform such key duties as intake, mental health and addiction assessments, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, case management and education.
- Provide consultative and direct services to clients, families, community health professionals/agencies, law enforcement, and/or schools, physicians and Emergency Room staff.
- Participates in team meetings, continuing education, conferences, and/or corporate initiatives and engages in on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in an allied health discipline and three (3) years’ recent related experience providing treatment services to individuals within the designated client population, or an equivalent combination of education, training.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Second language (e.g. Farsi) is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and/or addictions and treatment applicable to the designated client population.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Demonstrated counseling skills using a range of treatment modalities.
- Broad knowledge of Family Systems Theory as applicable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital and community based resources and the ability to act as a liaison between services.
- Knowledge of Early Psychosis Intervention, Attachment Theory and Crisis Intervention Theory.
- Demonstrated ability to provide treatment planning, crisis intervention, and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex clinical and psychosocial crises in the identified population
- Basic knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental health risk assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention for Youth/Young Adults with serious mental health and addiction issues.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Able to establish rapport with multi-barrier youth and young adult populations
- Ability to teach clients, families, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities and to adjust schedule to dealt with unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to operate related electronic equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.