Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Supervisory Dashboard (SD) platform is Morgan Stanley’s key risk Indicator system for sales and trading supervisors globally. SD provides oversight and signoff over various forms of risk events originating globally across all of our businesses. System collects risk data from various systems and presents high risk items in a workspace customized for each supervisor and allows various signoff, analysis and reporting actions.
SD platform has been expanded to support Unauthorized Trading (UT) surveillance program. UT program seeks to build capability to detect and prevent potential unauthorized behavior before financial or reputational loss or regulatory consequences occur.
We are looking for a highly motivated developer to design, implement, enhance, and support various aspects of the system, including an expansion of the platform to other divisions within the firm. This position will involve server side component development as well as some client facing UI work. Ideal candidate should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. Candidate will be responsible for solving technology problems of considerable scope and complexity and design application that can scale. In addition, candidate will be responsible for building relationship with our stake holders and business unit partners. Project work will span all phases of development from user interaction, requirements gathering, design, coding, performance testing, rollouts and production support.
- 5+ years of experience with server side Java
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity with Spring framework
- Experience with testing strategies
- Basic SQL skills
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Established technical knowledge in software development cycle and Agile methodologies
- Experience working on medium and large-scale projects
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, data-structures and algorithms
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.