LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS Canada), is a leading mid-tier Canadian defence electronics company specializing in military voice and data communications systems; electro-optics (EO) and infrared search and tracking systems (IRST); command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems integration; deployable flight data recorders; and defence/space electronics manufacturing.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for the assisting with general accounting.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparing variance to budget analysis
- Preparing account reconciliations complete with explanations of variances and reconciling items
- Assists senior level staff with various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business administration/finance or equivalent is required
- Enrolled in a recognized professional accounting program, an asset
- Minimum of three years of experience in accounting
- Accounting background within comparable industry is an asset
- Extensive experience with computerized accounting systems
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. Microsoft Access, an asset
- Accounts payable experience an asset
- Payroll experience an asset
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements; a minimum of 5-years continuous residence in Canada and a police background check are mandatory.
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian security clearance. DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada