At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
Our Infrastructure group in Toronto is looking for an Intermediate Bridge/Structural Engineer. To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Work in a team-oriented environment, providing effective communication and co-ordination with other disciplines in planning and executing project tasks
- Contribute to the successful structural design and contract packaging of transportation projects for various clients, including, Ministry of Transportation (MTO), 407 ETR, Metrolinx, City of Toronto, Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), and Other Municipal Governments
- Project Engineer for the design, preparation of contract documents, including drawings, quantities and construction cost estimates, for bridge and transit structures, culverts, and ancillary infrastructure
- Apply advanced engineering techniques to solving engineering analysis/design problems
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and written) with internal team members and clients in the development of designs and contract specifications on bridge/transportation structures
- Provide engineering support and supervision to junior engineers and technologists
- Review of shop drawings for structural adequacy and compliance with structural drawings
- Conduct site visits and inspections including preparation and review of associated reports
- Assist with the preparation of proposals to various clients
- University degree in Civil Engineering (preferably with a structural major)
- Currently registered as a Professional Engineer of Ontario and in good standing
- 7+ years’ experience in analysis and design of various types of bridge and transportation structures including, rigid frame, slab on CPCI & Steel girders, post-tensioned box girders, etc.
- Experience in preparing structural designs for projects that demonstrate the ability to deliver and meet various challenges.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary team delivering projects with variety in complexity, size and scope
- Experience in preparing structural designs and contract packages for the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) and various municipalities in Ontario will be an asset
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills essential
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Knowledge of the following computer programs is also an asset: Bentley ProjectWise, Microstation, AutoCAD, SAP 2000, CSI Bridge, MIDAS, Bridge Management System (BMS), P-Frame/S-Frame, RISA-3D,SEAS 200,Concise Beams, STAAD, PCCOL, ETABS, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.