Client ID: 278647
Intermediate Business Engineer
The Business Engineer works with cross-functional teams, business users and vendors.
Intermediate Business Engineer Job Description:
• Transposes business requirements and nonfunctional requirements into unambiguous user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Clarifies open questions and details before and during iteration planning by updating artifacts and tracking changes.
• Validates the requirements to ensure they meet the desired outcome/benefit.
• Applies knowledge of agile and scrum to help teams continuously improve processes and automation for continuous deployment.
• Creates options, through team collaboration, to remove impediments that may be blocking the teams’ progress.
• Performs user research, analyze user needs and align with desired business outcomes.
• Creates personas, journey maps, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps, prototypes, and mockups.
• Executes all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off.
• Ensures DevOps team quality assurance by maintaining traceability of requirements.
• Creates, manages and presents non-functional artifacts through the iterative and collaborative process.
• Participates in estimating for the backlog.
• Understands DevOps team capacity to influence commitments based on knowledge of team velocity.
• Drives adoption of integral DevOps practices including continuous integration / continuous deployment, automated testing and test driven development.
• Participates in team and effort activities as needed such as: backlog grooming, sprint planning and team retrospectives. This includes working with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, the DevOps team, and the community of engineers.
• Provides feedback on overall platform improvements.
• Cross-trains with other specialists, and coaching team members and other client employees to enable team members to help each other meet their team commitments.
• Provides business users with ad hoc training. • Uses design thinking principles and/or user research methodologies.
• Contributes to Client’s reference architecture and continued evolution of DevOps.
• Acts as a core member of client's DevOps Team and key contributor and subject matter expert.
• Participates in DevOps Scrums and retrospectives
• Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement in the area of process, technology and people.
Intermediate Business Engineer Mandatory Requirements:
- University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 5+ years working experience as a Business Analyst, which includes 1 years direct hands on experience in the Agile practice.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Preferred Product Owner certification as Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), SAFe Product Manager / Product Owner (PMPO), IEEE Computer Society Scrum Product Owner Certification, Agile Certified Professional (ACP) or similar.
Intermediate Business Engineer Assignment Location:
Intermediate Business Engineer Assignment Length