Requisition ID: 17316
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Electrical Engineer for our Winnipeg Office. The Electrical Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services for large and small projects. The Electrical Engineer will assist the Project Manager/Electrical Lead with the delivery of project requirements such as scope, cost and scheduling.
- Assist with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Prepare technical documentation required for the execution of the project, including but not limited to general layout drawings, design criteria, design calculations, shop drawings review, system studies, technical specifications, standard detail drawings, construction and/or fabrication drawings, as-built documentation and site-visits.
- Manage and coordinate the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope, schedule and procedures
- Review drawings to ensure conformity with engineering designs
- Assist in reviewing the outcome of quality audits of engineering work and perform remedial work in accordance with the project procedures and the quality assurance plan
- Ensure that the checking of documentation and interdisciplinary coordination is implemented in accordance with project procedures
- Provide proposal support and assist with client engagement efforts as they relate to business development
- Run a small to medium sized project with a team of designers and engineers reporting to them
- Coordination with other disciplines internally
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering
- Minimum five years project engineering experience. Experience in electrical design/consultancy ideally within a similar large engineering or multi-disciplinary project environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Registration as a professional engineer (P.Eng) or actively working towards professional registration
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.