Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Fredericton, NB & Dartmouth, NS. We have an established reputation for excellence in engineering in dams, foundations and hydropower projects. The successful candidate will have experience with foundation structures, hydroelectric and mining projects with emphasis on earth dam design, construction, and maintenance and mine tailings management.
The candidate will be a Professional Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the geotechnical engineering and aspects of dam safety evaluations and design. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge, and past experience to communicate and participate as a valued project team member. Strong technical writing and communication skills will be required to undertake proposals, project reports, client correspondence, and internal documents.
- Perform design and analytical functions including stability, seepage, bearing capacity, and settlement analyses
- Ability to work independently on small-size assignments, and integrate with other professionals on larger assignments
- Assist senior staff in performing Dam Safety Inspections, Dam Safety Reviews, Dam Safety Evaluations, Risk Assessments
- Assist senior staff in developing construction and engineering cost estimates
- Perform technical writing, review of proposals and project documents; prepare reports and communicate to clients and junior staff, etc.
- Work as an integral team member in a multi-discipline environment including other technical specialties such as hydrogeology, hydrology, geochemistry, rock mechanics, environmental, and other similar disciplines
- Review client documentation and/or assesses existing site conditions
- Perform increasingly complex, non-routine calculations; may input data into and/or run advanced computer programs under supervision
- Under guidance of the project manager or senior staff, represent Wood in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments
- Understand and apply safe work practices to field work
- Coordinate with subcontractors (such as analytical laboratories and drillers) while performing office assignments
- May prepare technical papers for publication and/or presentation
- May assist in training personnel on use of field equipment or collection of field and/or laboratory data
- Graduated from an accredited university with a degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geological Engineering
- Eligible to practice engineering in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia as a registered professional
- Experience with design and construction of tailings dams and related mine-site earthworks infrastructure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to travel both domestic and international travel (if required)
- Experience with design work incorporating the principles promoted by the Canadian Dam Association (CDA), or ICOLD would be an asset
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.