Requisition ID: 30566
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer for Hatch’s Niagara Falls Office
We understand that our client’s needs are changing rapidly, and we respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We are a global organization and strive to bring the best minds together to support our clients most difficult challenges.
We are currently seeking a talentedIntermediate Geotechnical Engineerto become part of our expanding Geotechnical Discipline, in our Niagara Falls Office. This is an intermediate position for which your focus will be to support to and executing challenging projects and ensuring technical excellence within the existing team. Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills are essential. Diverse experience will also be considered an asset.
- Engineering support to geotechnical projects from concept to construction. Projects will generally be across all sectors of our business, Metals, Infrastructure and Energy.
- Undertaking geotechnical engineering analyses and designs includin railway embankments, and cut slopes, foundation designs for Civil Infrastructure, embankment dam designs; slope stability assessments; seismic design, liquefaction analysis, pavement design, pile design, seepage and piping assessments; and soil improvement designs.
- Preparing detailed technical reports, drawings, specifications and correspondence.
- Building client relationships.
- Identifying key opportunities in the geotechnical field with a focus on the western Canadian region.
- Writing proposals for Engineering Services Requests.
- Mentorship and development of junior engineers, designers and technicians.
- Undertaking technical reviews of documents and technical drawings prepared by the team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Geological Engineering or Civil Engineering (with a specialization in Geotechnical Engineering).
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- 5 to 10 years post-graduation Geotechnical engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in geotechnical site investigation and design, site characterization, soft soil engineering, foundation assessments and recommendations, seismic assessment and liquefaction analysis, seepage and piping assessment, and construction support from tendering to inspections.
- Leadership skills with a proven aptitude to mentor and develop junior engineers, designers and technicians.
- Team focused with excellent interpersonal skills and understanding of multidisciplinary projects.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of specialized Geotechnical software and modeling tools (Geostudio Suite, RocScience Suite, gInt, LPILE, Plaxis, etc).
- Ability to travel within Canadaand Internationally on short term assignments as required.
- Previous consulting engineering experience.
- Post graduate education (M.Sc., M.Eng. or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience with geotechnical investigations.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.