Explore a different kind of company - one that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards. We provide world-class engineering and scientific solutions to our clients in the Mining, Energy, Transportation and Development sectors. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and fields of study. They represent the best in their respective disciplines and specializations. Together, they make it possible to assemble multidisciplinary teams that provide clients with a full-service approach to their unique needs.
From our roots (as EBA Engineering Consultants), and now Tetra Tech Canada, we have progressively expanded since our inception in 1966 and, today, clients are served by more than 1000 engineers, scientists, technologists, and support staff from offices across Canada. We are a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. Since 2010, we are part of the Canadian family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over 16,000 employees worldwide.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Hydrogeologist or Environmental Engineer to join our Whitehorse office. This position will work within our growing group of groundwater professionals working across Northern and Western Canada.
• As an Intermediate Hydrogeologist or Environmental Engineer, you will prepare project plans, supervise field teams, collect and analyze field data, communicate and coordinate with contractors, prepare reports, write proposals and build high quality service-based relationships with clients.
• Assisting in managing work schedules, controlling budgets working within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Minimum of 7 years related experience in the areas of physical and contaminant hydrogeology
• Environmental consulting experience in groundwater source well design and installation, aquifer testing and analysis for estimation of hydraulic properties and potential yields and contaminated site assessment including monitoring well network design and installation, contaminant characterization and delineation and remediation action plan preparation
• Experience on mining projects would be an asset
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering or geosciences, a Master’s degree is preferred
• Current standing (or eligibility to apply) as a P.Eng. with Engineers Yukon, or as a PGeo/PGeol in another Canadian province is a requirement.
• Familiarity with territorial regulations, combined with a willingness and aptitude for project management and business development.
• Strong work experience on field-based investigations in physical hydrogeology, contaminated site assessment and remediation, groundwater supply and hydrogeological assessments
• Some mechanical aptitude would be an asset for trouble-shooting and problem solving equipment in the field.
• Demonstrated competency in soil and rock sampling and geotechnical soil and core logging, drilling, test pitting, monitoring well installations, monitoring well investigations, water level and, water quality sampling and hydraulic response tests (e.g. slug, step, pumping and packer testing).
• Experience in analyzing groundwater flow and aqueous chemistry data, and assessing contaminant behaviour in groundwater
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting slug, step, pumping and packer test data and solving analytical equations for aquifer characterization, potential yield and plume migration.
• Experience in hydrogeology related software AquiferTest or AQTESOLV, and familiarity with Surfer
• Experience in numerical modelling and familiarity with MODFLOW and Seep/W will be considered as an asset.
• Excellent communication skills; both oral and written including the quality to produce highly professional reports and proposals.
• Travel will be required in this position, and candidates must be prepared to undertake field assignments, generally throughout western and northern Canada
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of Whitehorse).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
Online applications are preferred. Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.