Wood’s Mining & Minerals business is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Designer / Layout Lead. Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Saskatoon, SK office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Provide technical design and layout input of mechanical systems for industrial plants and related infrastructure
- Provide project updates regarding the status of the 3D model and 2D drawings
- Designing and drafting of equipment in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- Developing and maintaining positive, sustainable client relationships
- Coordinating and working with project team members
- Candidate must be able to give input and lead the layout and design of equipment and corresponding chutework
- Candidate must be able to run a 3D model review with internal stakeholders and client teams
- Proven experience with AutoCAD and excellent knowledge of 3D design/drafting. AVEVA PDMS / E3D knowledge is an asset
- 10+ years of relevant design. Experience with potash, uranium, heavy industrial, mining or smelting is an asset.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Engineering Design & Drafting Technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.