MatchBox is looking for an Intermediate Piping Designer for an expanding firm who specialize in EPCM projects for pipelines and capital maintenance based in Vancouver. They are looking to add contractors to their team to meet the growing demand they are facing. They have carved out a reputation for their high standard of work and being able to deliver designs that suit their clients. They are flexible and agile to modify their approach and adapt to the ever-changing requirements of varying sizes of projects.
The Intermediate Piping Designer will be responsible for providing pipeline design, technical analysis and solutions and recommendations for engineering problems. They will provide clients with solutions that focus on cost effectiveness, constructability, schedule and quality. The role will demand the ability to switch between various projects and priorities.
- To perform design for various disciplines including and not limited to mechanical, alignment sheets, reinforced concrete and 3D piping.
- To design pipelines for oil and gas in compliance with CSA Z662 regulations, provide material selections and develop piping specifications
- To assist in development of general arrangement, P&IDs, alignment sheets, construction work packages, test plans, pipe stress calculations and site drawings & plans
- To execute scope of work, budgets and schedules for projects
- To monitor progress of a project and maintaining schedules and budgets
- To contribute to ongoing development of technical specifications for materials and construction
- To assist in estimates of total installations
- To participate in creation of material specifications, material lists and data sheets
- To coordinate with various disciplines, clients and project managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5 to 8 years of experience with 3D piping design
- Expert with CadWORX and 3D piping
- In-depth familiarity in industry codes, standards and practices
- Prior experience in capital maintenance, pipelines and water treatment plants is an asset
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment