Arcadis Canada Inc. is currently seeking an Intermediate / Senior Hydrogeologist for our Vancouver office in British Columbia. This position will integrate into a well-developed team of environmental engineers and scientists to provide technical support and leadership. The successful candidate will lead and mentor intermediate and junior staff strongly focused on high quality of work, innovation, efficiency and productive client relationships. Experience will include technical consulting services for both private and government including Public Services and Procurement Canada and obtaining closure for Sites under the FCSAP program.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in support of ongoing Arcadis pursuits and environmental projects in various sectors including mining; oil and gas, infrastructure, brownfields and industrial re-development; utility, power.
- Assist with developing, mentoring and providing necessary oversight of junior and intermediate staff for carrying out various technical tasks and field programs for contaminated site investigations, feasibility studies, remediation design and implementation, hydrogeological studies and monitoring programs;
- Provide technical leadership on large and complex environmental projects;
- Prepare or review reports, work plans, specifications and proposals; manage technical budgets and provide oversight of intermediate and junior staff work for regulatory compliance and technical accuracy, QA/QC;
- Support practice area planning and goal setting, working with other senior level staff across Canada and in the US to provide integrated services for current and prospective clients, and actively participate in local, national and international collaborative opportunities;
- Assist in business development activities;
- Maintain positive and long term professional working relationships with client contacts, contractors, engineering consultants, and external agencies;
- Contribute to ongoing technical knowledge and innovation initiatives within Arcadis;
- Support and drive Arcadis quality, health and safety, and performance management systems.
- Ability to register in other Canadian provinces and territories is desirable;
- Knowledge and experience in conducting groundwater and contaminant hydrogeological assessments; feasibility studies; effective use of computer models such as MODFLOW; design and implementation of remediation programs and risk mitigation systems including for pump and treat; vapour extraction, chemical oxidation, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in environmental compliance and associated guidelines/legislation for provincial (BC CSR/EMA) and federal requirements including CCME.
- Knowledge and experience working for clients in industrial, development and federal sectors.
- A proven ability to design and implement field programs; analyze data, write reports, provide quality control and assurance and present results to Clients;
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications, etc.;
- Excellence in communication and collaboration skills that facilitate detailed planning, timely decision-making and efficient implementation;
- Keen understanding and experience in working within a Behavior Based Safety System including development and use of Job Safety Analyses and performance of Job Observations;
- Valid driver’s license required;
- Willing to travel to project sites and meetings as required.
- 10 to 15 years of professional experience;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering or Geology with a focus on Groundwater and Contaminant Hydrogeology;
- Registration with EGBC;
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
From coast to coast, the beauty of Canada is undeniable, as is its place among the world’s strongest economies. Arcadis helps balance the needs of smart growth for private and public-sector clients in some of the country’s largest business sectors. Our Natural Resources group, including oil and gas and mining, delivers technical and scientific expertise throughout the industries’ lifecycles. We partner with all our commercial clients to boost productivity, increase sustainability and mitigate risks. Federal and provincial government projects include many stakeholders, from indigenous peoples to landowners and area residents, and we bring the consulting expertise to move projects forward with efficiency and consensus. Arcadians are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and participate in global learning development opportunities that help us deliver groundbreaking and transformative solutions to our clients. Join us as we work to improve quality of life in Canada.