Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Intermediate/Senior Water Treatment Engineer to join our Water Resources team in Montreal, Quebec.
This position, reporting to the water treatment Team Lead, can be based out of either our Dorval or downtown Montreal offices.
- Evaluate, select, and apply innovative techniques and procedures for treatment of contaminated water;
- Plan, execute and manage tasks for water treatment projects involving field investigations, bench and pilot scale test work, feasibility studies, design, and permitting;
- Prepare authorization demands, plans and specifications for bidding and construction of new facilities;
- Understand regulatory requirements related to water resources and interface effectively with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients;
- Assist with the development of technical proposals, including statement of qualifications, scope of work, schedule and task-level budgets;
- Interact with a broad variety of clients and multi-disciplinary project teams across multiple geographies;
- Help develop the business by preparing proposals and meeting potential clients;
- Follow company safety standards and site safety standards;
- Provide technical expertise in water treatment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil and/or Environmental Engineering;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in consulting, with a focus on water treatment;
- Fluency in French required, bilingualism with English an asset.
- Member of the OIQ;
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize various competing assignments, while adhering to schedule and budget;
- Providing excellent client service and pursuing technical excellence;
- Biological and physico-chemical wastewater treatment of industrial and municipal wastewater knowledge and experience;
- Drinking water treatment knowledge and experience (a definite asset);
- Mine water treatment knowledge and experience (an asset).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.