2-month internship to start June 2019
Aim higher. Go further. Make a difference.
Are you looking for:
- A thriving company that continues to solidify its status as a responsible real estate investor and global leader?
- Colleagues who will challenge and push your talents to the top of their potential?
- An opportunity to help shape the cities of tomorrow?
Our Development Québec team is searching for an intern who will make a difference and contribute to our ambitious goals.
What this challenge is about
The intern will assist the Senior Director, Construction, and project managers with day-to-day activities. In particular, he or she will help with general administrative tasks for the current project to redevelop the Montreal Eaton Centre, in which Ivanhoé Cambridge has invested $197 million. Main duties include the following:
- Provide administrative support for projects (keep track of changes, requests for information, invoicing, etc.);
- Ensure adherence to procedures and monitor costs against the project budget;
- Help keep track of project deadlines;
- Attend site meetings with IC managers, architects, engineers and contractors;
- Assist the Senior Director, Construction, and project managers with day-to-day management and supervision of all activities connected with the Montreal Eaton Centre redevelopment project, including tasks related to the construction of the McGill station for the REM rapid transit system;
- Help manage and coordinate the requirements of each project for the various Ivanhoé Cambridge departments (Development, Design and Construction, Tenant Coordination, Operations, Leasing, Marketing, Specialty Leasing, etc.);
- Contribute to special projects as needed.
Competencies and knowledge to be gained during the internship:
- Increased organizational skills in a business context;
- Improved administrative abilities for a major construction project;
- Communication skills (reading, writing and speaking);
- Understanding of the role and importance of design and construction in the shopping centre and retail industry.
What we’re looking for
- Enrolment in or completion of one of the following programs or an equivalent: construction or building services engineering, or architecture;
- Must have passed the ASP construction safety training course;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and take initiative;
- Good multitasker and independent worker able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
Technical and computer skills:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, required;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, an asset.
- Commitment to customer service and meeting clients’ needs;
- Motivated team player with a desire to help achieve the department’s overall objectives;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.