Intern, Instrumentation Technology- (Carseland, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future and grow your career.
The purpose of this position is to support the Process and PSM Engineering team at the Redwater site with technical assistance and engineering. Planned activities for the work term include working under the direction of a supervising engineer.
Located at our facility in Carseland, AB, this position is an exciting opportunity and will provide invaluable work experience in a growing company. This internship will begin April 27, 2020 for a period of 16 weeks.
The Instrumentation Student reporting to Instrumentation Technologist within the Maintenance Department at Carseland Nitrogen Operations.
What you will do:
- Working under guidance of site Instrumentation Technologist
- Review and Update instrumentation documentation related to MOC’s and Projects (SPI Datasheets, P&ID’s PLC and DCS wiring)
- Develop maintenance plans and organize record keeping for critical site instrumentation (Safety Instrumented System’s)
What you will bring:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate with experience and skill in the use of common Office applications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Qualifications: Working towards a diploma in Instrumentation Engineering Technology
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter