Intern, Mine Engineering - Aboriginal Internship Program - (Allan, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This temporary employment opportunity is part of Nutrien’s Aboriginal Internship Program. It is intended to introduce a voluntary self-identified Aboriginal student or recent graduate to professional work experiences at Nutrien.
The incumbent will report to the Engineering Superintendent. This employment opportunity is intended to be a 4-month term (September 2020 - December 2020), with the possibility of a 4-month term extension (January 2021 - April 2021).
What you will do:
- Creating weekly reconciliation reports from the production and maintenance tasks
- Creating monthly reconciliation reports from the production and maintenance tasks
- Tracking of production, rehab, construction and maintenance task data
- Assisting the Short and Long Ranger Planners with production scheduling
- Work with production and maintenance departments on updating production scheduling templates for Short and Long Range Planners
- Assisting Mine Operations with KPI reports and data processing
What you will bring:
- Currently enrolled in Engineering, Geology, Business or equivalent Degree
- Proficiency with Scheduling software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in a mining or industrial environment is preferred
- Superior interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Positive safety behavior and safety leadership
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Willingness to learn and gain adequate knowledge and experience through training
- Ability to work undergound
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran