4-month internship to start on September 3rd, 2019
Aim higher. Go further. Make a difference.
Are you looking for:
- A thriving company that continues to solidify its status as a responsible real estate investor and global leader?
- Colleagues who will challenge and push your talents to the top of their potential?
- An opportunity to help shape the cities of tomorrow?
Our Development Analysis team is searching for an intern who will make a difference and contribute to our ambitious goals.
What this challenge is about
The Intern, Procurement will report directly to the Director, Procurement who is located in the Toronto office. This role will assist team members with procurement related activities such as: due diligence, purchase orders, contracts, change management, reports, documents control and assist other members of the Development group as required. You will utilize your key analytical skills including procurement, contracts, budgeting, financial analysis, accounting, and reporting.
Main duties include:
- Assist on Vendors due diligence including RENA, ContractorCheck and Insurance;
- Update the RENA List and download it into the ContractorCheck;
- Prepare forms regarding the new Vendors;
- Attend procurement/development meetings as required;
- Assist on purchase orders and contracts;
- Provide managers with information on our Ivanhoe Cambridge procurement procedure and procurement work instructions;
- Perform gap analysis between current procurement procedure and available documentation; assist with related “catch-up” documentation;
- Assist with other procurement and contracts tasks and administrative duties as required.
What we’re looking for
- Completion or nearing completion of Business, Supply Chain Management or Engineering degree/diploma;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Advanced Excel/ Word and PowerPoint skills are required;
- JDE/Oracle experience would be an asset;
- You must be able to demonstrate independent thinking, be self-motivated with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.