@SYNNEX, we believe everyone has a story to tell. If you have a passion for advancing technology solutions, always putting customers first and want to become part of a team that embraces differences and creates trends, build your career story with us. We strive to create a work environment that is fun and inclusive with a sense of work-life balance and charitable giving.
Our recruiting experience is digital! Technology is at the core of our business – we don’t just sell technology, we use it. The power of digital interviewing allows you the flexibility of using your computer or mobile device to record your interview on your own schedule in the comfort of your home. Our recruiting process allows you to tell your story in a stress-free way that is interactive and fun, so if you receive a link to Share your Story with us, we hope you have an awesome digital experience.
Full time regular, permanent position requiring 40 work hours/ week
Get Inspired by the Work You’ll Do
- Operate as a Senior Internal Auditor on progressively more complex operational audits and consultations, Sarbanes-Oxley assessments and related projects, including site audits, which may occur in Canada, US, Japan, Mexico, Brazil or other Latin American country.
- Plan, execute, and report on risk-based audits to assess the design and effectiveness of financial, operational, and compliance processes for both manual and automated controls, which may be on first time topics within established or emerging business processes
- Document and evaluate the design adequacy of internal controls primarily via flowcharts and walkthroughs
- Document the results of projects, including identification of internal control weaknesses and/or improvement opportunities via detailed issue logs and executive summaries
- Partner with management to determine appropriate remediation steps and ensure corrective action is carried out
- Facilitate work of external auditors
- Provide direct assistance to external auditors (perform work on the behalf of external auditors and is supervised directly by external auditors)
- Manage projects from inception to completion
- Full-time permanent position requiring 40 work hours/ week based at our Toronto office (200 Ronson Drive Toronto ON M9W 5Z9)
Your passion is sparked by:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related fields and/or certifications (e.g. CPA, CGA, CISA, CIA, etc.).
- Minimum of 5+ years of internal audit and internal control related experience; Big 4 experience a strong plus.
- Approximately 20% travel to other SYNNEX Technology Solutions international locations including US, Japan, China, Mexico, Brazil or other Latin American country.
- Proficient verbal and written business communication in English.
- Strong skills in performing data analytics using tool (e.g., ACL).
- Strong ability to quickly gain knowledge of changing business and system environments.
- Proven experience identifying problems and developing solutions (via core audit knowledge, and conceptual and analytical thinking) as well as established experience managing time, resources and projects.
- Advanced risk/controls, finance/accounting and/or information technology/operations
- Strong skills in process flowcharting.
- Proven track record of effectively building relationships with all levels of management in a positive and proactive manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance standards and proven experience keeping up to date with industry and regulatory changes and professional standards
- Strong understanding of and proven experience with the new revenue recognition standard (ASC606) and the required SOX controls; 606 experience with IT distribution companies a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
We have Great Perks • Benefits:
- Comprehensive Group Health Insurance plan • Profit Sharing Opportunity • Employee Referral Award program • Employee Purchase Plan/ Company Discounts • Out of Country travel assistance • Health/ Wellness initiatives • Paid Sick Days • Employee Assistance Program • Education Reimbursement • Milestone Service Awards • Community Involvement activities in partnership with Kids Help Phone • Employee of the Quarter awards • Group RRSP with Company Matching • Training Opportunities • Huang Leadership Development Scholarship • Bi-annual President’s Club • Annual Founders Award Employee Referral Award Program – refer an employee to join SNX. If they obtain the position and are within their role for 6 month employee receives a $500 bonus • Out of Country Travel Assistance – provided by Green Shield Canada after 3 months of employment • Health/Wellness Initiatives – different events throughout the year to promote wellness, i.e. healthy snack day, Health and Wellness fair • Paid Sick Days (6 per/year) •Employee & Family Assistance Program – provided by Morneau Shepell provides short term professional Counselling, Family and Legal support, financial support, nutritional support etc.. • Educational Assistance Program – Policy is to offer educational assistance of up to $3000 per calendar year and is intended for textbooks, test, lab fees and tuition. All courses must be pre-approved by manager and HR.
Be Inspired In Your Career.
@SYNNEX Canada Limited, we are committed to supporting accommodation and inclusivity for persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and employment lifecycle. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know; we will work with you to meet your needs.