Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for monitoring inventory levels and reducing Excess and Obsolete (E&O) materials in order to maximize Inventory Turn. You will work closely with the Procurement team to assist in reducing inventory. You will be responsible for creation/issuance of reports for Procurement and Planning.
Essential Functions: `
- Determines liability, and coordinates the E&O process
- Follows up on pending items for closure
- Master Data creation and maintenance
- Identifies E&O materials
- Produces, and supports client inventory reports
- Other miscellaneous inventory related tasks
How will you get there?
- College Diploma in Business Administration or Supply Chain.
- 2 years of SAP or equivalent experience with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and Materials Management systems.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Advanced Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, Macros, Power BI, Coding, etc.).
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.