Aon Is Looking For An Investment Consultant To Join Our Western Canadian Investment Consulting Practice
Do you have a passion for investment consulting? Are you committed to providing world-class service to your clients and team? Do you enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a complex and diverse environment? As part of the team at Aon, you will be working with many of the largest investors in Western Canada; some of the best and the brightest people in the business; and have the support and resources you need to succeed.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Investment Consulting practice within Aon in Western Canada.
Your Impact As An Investment Consultant
You will be part of our dynamic, results‐driven team based in Western Canada (offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Regina) that specializes in institutional investment consulting. Our focus is on adding value to our clients’ investment programs through development and application of innovative world‐class solutions, backed by our experience and the resources of Aon nationally and globally. Your work will positively impact significant investment pools and broad stakeholder groups. In addition to working with our extensive and diverse clientele, you will meet and liaise with top investment managers from Canada and around the globe.
- Providing consulting services and technical support on a range of large client accounts;
- Anticipating client issues, needs or concerns and proactively developing solutions to meet those needs;
- Identifying gaps between client needs and existing Aon services; proposing and developing service enhancements, adding to Aon's product/service portfolio and intellectual capital;
- Continually reviewing client accounts and relationships and recommending ways to enhance the value Aon brings to the client based on a deep understanding of the client's business and insight into industry trends;
- Making and/or assisting in effective oral presentations to clients or prospects, as part of a team or individually;
- Assisting with marketing and sales activities;
- Providing guidance, mentoring and support to Investment Consulting staff as they serve their clients, ensuring high standards of service;
- Acting as a role model for technical excellence, ensuring adherence to technical, professional and ethical standards.
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive experience in the investment industry;
- Strong knowledge of investment managers, investment processes and of defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Expertise in investment issues related to defined contribution pension plans would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience;
- Completed Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, or actively pursuing;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including courses and certifications.
**Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
About Aon:Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.