HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future.We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
A day in the life of an Investment Counsellor include the following:
With the backing of HSBC’s wealth management capabilities and renowned presence globally. We are seeking experienced go- getters with proven client relationship management and sales experience to drive our growth in the Canadian market.
HSBC Investment Counsellors deliver exceptional client experience and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. They are responsible for delivering discretionary investment solutions to high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients with exceptional service that fosters and deepens client relationships. IC assess client needs, develop a comprehensive investment strategy, coordinate sales and execute against that strategy, and monitoring performance and appropriateness of the client’s overall investment portfolio.
Prospective clients are acquired by collaborating with colleagues and peers across the bank. Attracting, retaining and realizing our full potential as a business is key.HSBC proudly offers clients full advisory service which requires working closely with Relationship Managers and Wealth Planners.
Knowledge & experience / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who thrives working in complex environment and has the industry expertise, business acumen, and strong people leadership experience to deliver.
The minimum requirements for this role are as follows:
- CFA Charter holder or CIM Charter plus:
- Relevant portfolio management / market analysis experience necessary for the registration of the candidate with the regulators as an advising representative. Or combination of certifications and experience leading to the registration as an advising representative with the regulators.
- CFP and other wealth management designations are considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years of experience in client relationship management and investment counseling for high net worth clients.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Propensity to work well in collaborative team environment.
- Ability to speak/understand French is a requirement
- The ability to speak/understand Mandarin is an asset
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make.