Asset and Risk Management
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Internship : April to October 2020
As a member of our dynamic and diversified asset and risk management team, you will play an active role in a broad range of analyses in an environment that offers many opportunities for learning and collaboration.
- Conduct performance assessments.
- Participate in portfolio manager searches.
- Work actively with other team members to meet client needs with respect to pension fund asset allocation.
- Collaborate in the analysis of strategic asset allocation reviews and asset/liability studies.
- Participate in the development of asset management tools used for our clients.
- Meet with portfolio managers in education and networking workshops.
- Participate in professional development.
A successful Investment Intern, Asset and Risk Management, requires the following core qualifications and skills:
- Currently in, or have completed a bachelor’s program, preferably in Mathematics, Physics, Actuarial Science, Finance, or Economics
- Willingness to pursue SOA or CFA exams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to see the big picture
- Highly skilled in oral and written communication, excellent people skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently or in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint