For Canadians living in the 21st century, healthcare means more than just doctors and hospitals. It means access to a huge variety of healthcare practitioners, from dietitians and physiotherapists, to midwives and massage therapists.
Canadians today have greater access to healthcare options than at any other time in history, which means there is an ever-growing responsibility to maintain public safety.
We’re the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, and since 1919 we’ve ensured that every one of our registrants is held to the highest standards of quality, ethics, and safety. With the growing popularity of massage therapy as an effective treatment for a wide variety of medical concerns, our work is more important than ever.
Now, our organization is growing! That’s why we’re looking for an ambitious new IT Applications Manager to help keep us working smoothly and efficiently, for all our stakeholders, primarily the public of Ontario.
IT Applications Manager
As our new IT Applications Manager, you will manage and oversee the strategic and tactical leadership of the College’s information technology function, including IT projects, technological resources, and IT staff. You will report to, and work closely with, the Director of Corporate Services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who’s ready to step into a multi-faceted leadership role. Your focus will be to develop and execute a strategic vision for the College’s IT portfolio, while supporting the hands-on work of day-to-day operations, project management, and IT support.
Practically speaking, here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage the Information Technology department (with two direct reports) by defining and enforcing technology standards and governance, and allocating people and technology resources to ensure its effective operation
- Provide technical subject matter expertise as you develop application road-maps and strategies and lead the design and tactical planning of internal application systems
- Act as a project manager, lead and manage IT initiatives and projects (inclusive of planning, coordination, and budget oversight)
- Bridge the gap between business and technology by translating business challenges/needs into technical requirements
- Be accountable for data integrity, security, business continuity planning and related processes
- Collaborate with external stakeholders (vendors and service providers), serving as the main liaison; manage and develop these external relationships to achieve organizational IT goals
- Manage the contracting and licensing of software and hardware agreements, overseeing warranties and service agreements
- Support and fill in, when needed, for the IT Applications Support Specialist/help desk function
Your technical expertise will be the foundation of your success in this role, but your curiosity, hunger for continuous improvement, and aptitude for leadership are what will make you stand out.
Experience as an applications specialist, IT project manager, or IT manager in a regulatory body would be an asset in this position, but not to worry if you come from a different industry or organization type.
You’ll work hard to learn our business, so that you can understand our needs. Your foresight, and vision, will help take our organization to the next level.
For this role, we need someone just like you:
- Motivated – you’re passionate about the CMTO’s purpose, and are ready to dive in to make an impact. You have a track record of excellence, and are driven to succeed.
- Collaborative – you love working across departments and functions, and collaborating with stakeholders to achieve corporate goals. You enjoy being the connecting point between multiple groups, and understand how to integrate collective needs into sophisticated IT solutions.
- Organized – you have exceptionally strong time management skills, and a keen ability to prioritize among competing tasks. You always deliver on time.
- Customer-focused – you provide excellent customer service, to all you interact with. You have an ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical users, at all levels in an organization.
Working @ the CMTO
This is a full-time position, in our Davisville location, just steps from the Davisville subway. You’ll work Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. We offer a competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience. You’ll have a generous benefits plan and three weeks’ vacation to start.
This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is looking to build a career in a highly varied and interesting role. You’ll find lots of opportunities for personal growth and development. Our team is collaborative, respectful, with high emotional intelligence (and a great sense of humour!).
If this role sounds like your idea of meaningful work, then we can’t wait to meet you.
Specifically, we would like you to have the following qualifications:
Here are our must haves:
- Experience as an IT applications specialist, IT manager, IT lead, or IT supervisor (or similar)
- Experience defining the strategic direction and tactical plan of an organization’s IT portfolio
- Experience designing, implementing and managing technical information system solutions
- Experience leading an IT team, with a proven ability to manage IT personnel in application development, hardware support, and help desk functions
- Experience providing business analysis, business process review, and mapping
- Advanced proficiency with development and programming language such as MSSQL experience with .NET, Crystal Reports and VB is an asset.
- Experience with WordPress and website design
- Experience managing IT projects, with strong financial management skills (project budgeting, forecasting, and cost control)
- Post-secondary education in computer science, information technology or related
And here’s what would be an asset:
- Experience working in IT in a regulatory body (e.g. a regulated health college) is an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or ITIL is preferred.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.