On behalf of our client in Burnaby, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Server Analyst (Citrix) for a full-time permanent opportunity.
The Citrix Analyst performs a variety of duties related to the configuration, maintenance and utilization of server based or thin client computing and remote application connectivity solutions (E.g. Citrix Metaframe and Microsoft Terminal Services).
Day to day activities include:
- Conducting feasibility studies, developing specifications for complex systems, configuring and maintaining operating systems, remote application connectivity technologies, and related core infrastructure technologies, services, and applications by utilizing knowledge of Citrix and other remote application connectivity solutions.
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science, 3+ years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the utilization of server based or thin client computing by performing tasks such as configuring and maintaining servers and sessions through the implementation of technologies such as Citrix MetaFrame and Microsoft Terminal Server solutions.
- Maintains operating systems by performing tasks such as analyzing current systems and recommending adjustments and /or new systems to improve operating activities.
- Provides technical troubleshooting and support for a variety of server and remote application connectivity environments by performing tasks such as standardized building, scheduled changes, tuning and maintenance, analyzing and diagnosing problems and formulating solutions. Identifies unresolved issues and escalates to the Manager, following established problem management and change management processes. Implements solutions that promote the integration of technologies based on industry standards, and are compatible with network environment and standards.
- Verifies all incidences are logged by methods such as reviewing system automated alerts for priority assignment, logs incidents and resolves or assigns to another team.
- Performs performance monitoring/reporting and capacity planning/reporting as related to the Microsoft Windows server and remote connectivity environment by performing tasks such as running vendor supplied utilities to observe and record performance and utilization statistics.
- Implements system upgrades and system tuning to ensure maximum performance, security and stability of servers including capacity planning such as storage, processor and memory bandwidth for current and anticipated loads in response to policy/client requirements or technology related to server systems by performing tasks such as completing system usage analysis, forecasting and new technologies assessment and implementation.
- Develops technical support procedures, for areas such as server hardware and software installation and testing by performing tasks such as following industry best practices on hardware and software configurations.
- Develops and maintains system documentation by performing tasks such as the online creation of standardized documentation which describes in detail the server configuration and image standards used, in addition to the creation and maintenance of server hardware and software installation instructions.
- Develops and maintains documentation of items such as communication plans, scheduled downtime plans and emergency recovery procedures (ERP) by performing tasks such as creating and distributing server related communications, organizing and implementing scheduled downtime events, and performing walk-through testing of existing ERP’s.
- Provides technical support related to the acquisition of new systems and standards and/or the implementation of new applications on existing systems by performing tasks such as completing hardware and software compatibility testing and making recommendations on configuration and support strategies.
- Performs a variety of duties related to infrastructure operations by performing tasks such as providing physical support to related Data Centre maintenance and upgrades to ensure all changes meet specific standards such as server rack mounting, network and power patch cabling and monitoring the completion of electrical work in computer rooms, by internal or external resources.
- Performs a variety of duties related to software distribution by performing tasks such as packaging and distributing platform and software updates, including operating system and infrastructure technology application patches, fixes and drivers. Maintains and creates requested inventory queries such as systems management server (SMS) and crystal reports. Ensures workstation remote control capabilities are provided to support staff by performing tasks such as ensuring that it is incorporated into the standard workstation images deployed throughout the environment.
- Performs a variety of duties related to server monitoring by performing tasks such as the configuration and monitoring of utilities such as Microsoft Operation Manager and Hewlett-Packard Insight Manager and escalating and resolving alerts generated by these tools.
- Performs a variety of duties related to rapid deployment processes by performing tasks such as developing and maintaining standardized server imaging and deployment processes.
- Performs a variety of duties related to operating systems such as Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 including configuring and maintaining active directory group policies, Domain Name Service (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) administration.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the implementation of security policies, procedures and peripherals by performing tasks such as security audits, infrastructure security best practices, server and remote application connectivity solution security hardening, site security assessments and the configuration and tuning of security and antivirus appliances.
- Performs advanced monitoring and problem analysis activities for the server and remote application connectivity environments by investigating unknown system behaviour conditions, patterns and trends, and recurring issues to identify underlying causes to produce recommendations and remediations.
- Conducts feasibility studies for computerization by performing tasks such as determining user department requirements, examining and identifying problems with existing systems and recommending modifications to and/or new systems. Provides details of estimated implementation costs including associated staffing requirements.
- Develops specifications for complex systems such as integrated systems which impact several functional areas within a facility by performing tasks such as: gathering detailed information from user departments; developing and documenting systems and procedures by designing forms, preparing flow charts and detailing hardware and software specifications; preparing detailed implementation plans.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.