ITC Construction Group is one of Western Canada's leading general contractors with offices in BC and Alberta and specializes in the areas of residential high-rise development, commercial and institutional construction.
We are seeking a bright, motivated IT Help Desk Assistant for a contract position (4-6 months) with the possibility of extension beyond. Accepted candidate will have the skills to provide exceptional support and customer services to ITC staff. The accepted candidate will have technology skills and exposure to Microsoft Desktop and other Office technologies. The role consists of operational and support duties for desktops and other services. The IT Help Desk Assistant will be a self-starter, and able to work as part of a team, and be self-directed to provide the level of customer experience our users have come to expect.
The role is based out of our Vancouver Corporate Head Office however; candidate will be required to go to our project sites.
If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence at www.itc-group.com
Key Areas of Responsibility
- 1st and 2nd level support of PC, and mobile device for Corporate Head Office
- Answer telephone calls from ITC Users
- Build workstations from start, including installation of all Applications and configurations
- Maintain, monitor, and support current and new PC, mobile device
- Support users at multiple remote locations utilizing remote assistance tools
- Work with Corporate WAN personnel or hardware vendors on hardware failures
- Track incidents through to resolution, using ITC's incident management system.
- Assist in the execution of documented policies and procedures
- Escalate incidents to management, appropriate groups, or external vendors
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in providing technical support, minimum 3 years
- Graduate of Computer Information Systems Administration (CISA) or equivalent
- Experience with Windows Server 2012; Office 365 Cloud, Office365 Admin Portal and Active Directory
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop applications including Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016
- Experience in the building, maintaining and troubleshooting of Windows workstations
- Ability to troubleshoot/resolve issues with desktop hardware and software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with good telephone skills
- Proven success in multi-tasking, thinking, and planning skills.
- Experience in providing technical support to Users and conveying it at the User level
Consistently exercise initiative, discretion and independent judgment in line with the Company’s policies.
No recruiters please.
We are currently only accepting local candidates. We will not be sponsoring international candidates at this time.