APS BP2S Manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The incumbent will act as Application Support for BP2S applications. The incumbent will be required to provide solutions to technical issues in a short time frame. They will support multiple Applications within the IFS suite and ensure Service Delivery per Business requirements and expectations
Nature and Scope
Under the guidance of the IT Support Leader, the incumbent will learn the basics of Securities Lending, Collateral and Cash Management, Dealing Services and FX businesses and how the systems supports the business activities. The incumbent will need to be able to react to live fire drill situations with the intention of contributing to the longer term avoidance of such issues through proactive system modifications and maintenance.
• First point of contact for Business users on any production application failure or any question related to technical job supporting the day to day Business.
• Assist Business to continuously provide a high quality service to our Clients and rapidly integrate evolutions of the business and IT systems.
• Act as a liaison between Business user and any IT organization (local, global, internal or external groups, service providers or entities) to provide optimal response to any production issue that may impact business functions.
• Guarantee the escalation of problems to the adequate IT organization (local, global, internal or external groups, service providers or entities) to ensure on-time resolution; manage priorities depending on the criticality of the requests and production failures.
• Participate in the technical tests, internal meetings and regular reviews with the external service providers.
• Participate as a technical contact for local projects and client on-boarding. Guarantee the reporting and file delivery technical setup for any new client on-boarding.
• Be flexible with Support hours and to supplement Global support team for resolving any production related issues.
• Coordinate Business Continuity exercises between BC team and the Business user groups.
• Coordinate Disaster Recovery exercises between BC team, Business user groups, and any Industry initiated DR testing throughout the year.
• Ensure proper and continuous documentation of key functions and processes
• Ensure proper training to continuously maintain relevant expertise and its evolution
• Maintains a relationship of trust with the IT support lean and project manager
• Contributes to and ensures that application support runs effectively.
• Guarantees optimal working of the application, providing technical support and adhoc recovery plans
Carry out light development/bug fixes related to SQL, scripting and reporting.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Technical skills required in:
C# , ASP.NET
Advanced SQL using MS SQL Server platform
MS Reports or similar reporting background
Web Services (IIS Configuration and development)
Scheduling Software (Autosys, 24x7)
Versioning software (SVN or CVS equivalent)
• At least 3 years of experience in Application Support role in the financial industry.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
• Strong communication skills and being able to adapt his/her communication depending on the target audience i.e. Business Users, Internal/External Clients, Technical teams etc.
• Ability to work with short deadlines and handle pressure.
• Demonstrates initiative and is proactive
• Mature, self – motivated, enthusiastic and team player
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.